Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Quiet Evening

I would love to share the following pictures from a church event that I helped with the other night.  It was A Quiet Evening for the ladies of the church and their guests.  The ladies brought in appetizers and desserts for a time of fellowship, followed by a message from a FABOLOUS Pastor Wife that we are so blessed to have!  She is so real and such an example to have in my life, I'm so grateful for her and her family.  We wrapped up the night with communion.  The whole evening was about getting our hearts right for the Christmas season. 
Welcome to A Quiet Evening.
This is the room that we had fun decorating with lots of burlap, Christmas tree branches, bird cages and candles. The theme of the event was "Freedom" based upon the following verse:
Isaiah 61:1
The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;

Dessert Table
Drink Table
 The Hot Cocoa Bar, I just loved the burlap bows!

Marshmallows, candy canes and Pirouettes for the cocoa
 The appetizer table was the focal point of the room.
A beautiful branch was hung with lights over a table
 of Christmas branches, burlap and bird cages.
Everything was so beautiful, I don't think
 these pictures even begin to do it justice.
 We had a great turn out, 125 women were in attendance.
One of my absolute favorite things about our church is the AWESOME Praise Band!
These ladies sang their hearts our for us, such a blessing!
This is Sarah and Ashley, two wonderful ladies that I had the pleasure of working with to plan this event.  It was so much fun, I loved every minute of it. 
I made these burlap birds as favors for the ladies attending the event. 
TUTORIAL COMING SOON :)
I feel so blessed to be part of this church family!!!

5 comments :

  1. You ladies did an AMAZING job of making the Quiet Evening so special this year... Truly... The Lord was so glorified in the spirit with which y'all set out to please Him. Thank you for all of your hard work - I was unbelievably blessed. :-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW you did a great job, im stopping by from GMG link up. I love your blog.

    God Bless,
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adrienne, Thanks so much for your kind words! Merry Christmas :)

      Delete
  3. Hi! I'm stopping by from the Delightful Order link up. This is gorgeous! You did an amazing job and I can't wait to see the tutorial on the burlap birds!
    Jamie @ keepcalmandplanaparty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jamie :) Thanks for coming by and for your sweet comments! Stay tuned for the tutorial!!!

      Delete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me a comment that you visited our blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...