Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Deck the Halls

Our Thanksgiving decor has been packed away until next year and we started to decorate the inside of the house this past weekend for Christmas.  Christmas is one of my absolute favorite holidays to decorate for. 
My newest collection of Christmas decorations is this Willow Tree Nativity Set that my Mom and Step-Dad got me for Christmas last year.  I had been drooling over it for a few years!
My Dad started buying a Santa Claus for me back when I was 16 years old. He has also bought me a few different things here and there but I thought I would share some of my favorites with you.  The past few years he has bought me a Santa from the Jim Shore Collection.  I have to admit they are my favorite....hint hint Dad ;)
These three are some of my oldest, I think the
 Santa Doctor on the left is my very first Santa.
This guy is from Germany. 
A fishing Santa, because Dad loves to fish.
My Grandmother bought this for me one year, it's a Christmas Advent Tree.
Inside the box are drawers filled with ornaments that you hook onto the tree, one for each day in December leading up to Christmas.  The girls love taking turns to hang an ornament. 
One of my Mother In Law's, all of our parents are remarried so we are both blessed with two Mother In Law's, gave us these great Stockings, hangers and a matching tree skirt several years ago.  We don't have a mantel or fireplace in this home so they will hang off of the entertainment center. 
 
 Another favorite Santa of mine, he's sitting on top of my fridge with Rudolph.  I found him at Home Goods several years ago.
I swapped out my DIY Chalk Canisters for these cute Santa canisters.
Looking forward to making lots of yummy Christmas cookies with my girls soon.
The cookies we make can go in our Santa Cookie Jar.
And here's a little peek of our Christmas tree.  Little Sis has been checking out all of our pretty ornaments the past few days.  Last year we didn't decorate the bottom half because she couldn't keep her little fingers off of it but she is doing pretty decent so far this year.  We have so many ornaments, I'm starting to think the girls need their own tree to decorate and Mommy and Daddy another one for our ornaments.  We are to the point that we have to pick and choose our favorites to go up because there are so many! 
 
Hope you enjoyed seeing some of our Christmas Decor!  I love Christmas and that we get to celebrate the birth of Jesus with our family and friends. 
I'm linking up with Women Living Well's Making Your Home a Haven Challenge.
See my "Blog Love" page to see where else I party! 

I'm also linking up to Kelly's Korner Blog, love her!

3 comments :

  1. I love all the Santa's! Too cute and so special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Onna! I look forward to passing them down to my girls some day :)

      Delete
  2. I love the Willow Tree nativity. It's beautiful and classic.

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me a comment that you visited our blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...