Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Nominated for a Liebster Award

Last week Cindy at Little Miss Celebration nominated me with the Liebster Award!  How sweet of you to think of me Cindy, you made my day! 

 I had been blogging privately for a couple of years but felt it was time to go public with a blog about our life, the fun stuff we enjoy and our faith.  I'm having so much fun blogging, making new Blogger friends and stepping out in faith when I share our life with others online.  It's exciting to get an award but most importantly I'm thanking God for the continued growth and opportunities that he is bringing me through this blog.

  "So, neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who makes things grow."  1 Corinthians 3:7

What is the Liebster Award, you may be asking...it is an award given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers and have been in existence for less than 6 months.  It's a fun way to get to know new bloggers and show them some love.  
Here are the rules:
  • Share 11 random facts about yourself.
  • Answer 11 questions the nominator has asked you.
  • Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award to and link them in your post.
  • Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
  • Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
11 Random Facts about me
{I had recently asked you to send me some questions to get to know me better so I thought this would be the perfect time to answer those for you}
1.  "When do you do your blogging and projects?" 
I try my best to save blogging for when Little Sis is asleep for her nap or after the girls bedtimes.  Evenings are also when I have alone time with my husband so I try to limit my time on the computer then too.  Luckily we both have hobbies we enjoy and try to give each other time to do so when possible.  I've been trying to have 2-3 blog posts a week, I would love to do more but my family is my number one priority.  
2.  "What is your most and least used Pinterest board?  
My board with the most pins is "Sewing Projects" but I feel that I use my "Recipes" board a little bit more.  The least used board is "Master Bedroom Ideas", and I have to laugh about this because I feel our bedroom is the one room in the house that I pay the least amount of attention to.  I spend so much time keeping the rest of the house clean and tidy that when it comes to our bedroom, I tend to be lazier and messier because no one really goes in there besides the Hubby and I.  It definitely needs some TLC and crafting attention!
3.  "What is the best thing you have read?" 
 OK, I have to be honest...I am not a big reader.  I do love to read craft, recipe and DIY blogs but occasionally pick up a book.  One of my favorite authors though has been Nickolas Sparks, I love that I know most of the places in North Caroling where his stories take place.  This past summer I read "Discerning the voice of God", by Priscilla Shirer with my church and it was such an amazing book.  I learned so much and God definitely spoke to me through this study, very powerful!
4.  "What is your favorite food?"  
My favorite food type is Italian but my absolute LOVE is C.H.O.C.O.L.A.T.E.  I like to have a little bit each and every day.  It's rare that I don't have some sort of chocolate in the house for my daily craving, which tends to be everyday after lunch.
5.  I love to sing.  
I was always in chorus and drama while in middle and high school.  I also sang in the church choir during high school.  I would love to sing with our Church's Praise Band but the time commitment and my husbands work schedule don't make that possible right now.  Maybe someday :)
6.  I'm pretty crafty with a lot of things but decorating cakes is not my calling.  
I tried to make one of those barbie doll cakes for Middle Sis one year and it was so pitiful looking.  I had to thew at least half of it away to make it look somewhat decent.  Luckily she was young and loved it anyways!
7.  I have lived in NY, PA, NC, FL, and TX. 
 I've moved so many different times I've lost count.   This was our fourth military move with the Coast Guard in the past four years!  We spent 9 months in Beaumont (TX), 15 months in Milton (FL), 8 months in Corpus Christi (TX) and have been living here in South Florida for just over a year now.  This has been my favorite military move so far.  I love the area we live in, love our neighbors and our Church family.  It is going to be very hard to leave all of the wonderful friends God has brought into our lives.  
8.  I've had so many different types of jobs. 
 I've worked in a Real Estate office, several different Doctors offices, Bank Tellers and Account Reps, Preschool Teacher, Daycare Owner but feel that my true calling from God is to be a stay at home Mom to our three girls.  It is the most challenging and rewarding job out there!  
9.  I try to wake up at 5:30am on weekdays for my quiet time. 
I set my alarm to get up before my daughters and husband get up so that I can enjoy my cup of tea and do my Bible Study Fellowship homework in the mornings.  It really helps me set my heart right before starting my day.  Saturday is my only day to sleep so I don't do my study that morning and Sunday I wake up and get showered and ready for church before the girls wake up.  I really enjoy my sleep though so I typically don't stay up past 10pm.  
10. "What kind of crafting do you like best (paper, sewing, cooking) and why?"  
Hmm, this is a toughie.  I do cook most of our meals and enjoy finding new recipes that our family likes, for some reason my favorite kind of recipes are desserts lol!  When I do find the time to sew or embroider I always find it to be like therapy.  I often think, I need to make time to do this more often.  So I guess sewing and embroidery are my favorite followed by cooking then paper crafting.  
11.  I'm a jeans, t-shirt and flip flops kind of girl.  
Don't get me wrong though, I do enjoy getting dressed up every once in awhile.  Since we live in South Florida and it's pretty hot here I've found that I would rather wear a sundress over shorts and a t-shirt. 

Cindy's Questions for Me
1.  If you could be someone else for one day, who would it be and why?
So this may sound a little cheesy but Martha Stewart.  She is a super crafter, chef and seamstress!  I would love to have some of her knowledge.  Really though,  I'm very blessed and wouldn't want to be anyone else other than myself.   2.  Who is your favorite musical artist or group?
I listen to Christian and Country music.  Some of my favorites are Karrie Jobe and Carrie Underwood
3.  If you could be on a reality show, which one would you want to be on?
Since I love to sing, I would choose American Idol. 
4.  What's been your biggest cooking disaster?
I attempted to make one of The Pioneer Woman's chocolate cakes.  She said on her show that you didn't have to use the mixer to stir the cake, so I used a wooden spoon like she did and it DID NOT turn out, it was all lumpy and nasty.  I can laugh at it now but I was not happy at the time.  
5.  I would love to learn how to________?
Use my DSLR camera without using auto, someday hopefully I'll have time to take some classes.
6.  What movie has made you laugh the most?
After thinking about this one I realized I don't watch very many movies.  We rarely go to the movie theater or rent movies.  The first movie that popped into my mind was "The Proposal" with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds.  I always watch it when the reruns are on TV and it still makes me laugh out loud.  
7.  What's your biggest pet peeve?
People without good manners.  For some reason personal space and manners are very lacking these days.  The world would be so much nicer if we were all kinder.
8.  If you could pick another first name for yourself, what would it be?
I was almost named Jamie, but my Mom took my Aunt's baby girl name that she had picked out and my Aunt used my Moms baby name of Jamie.  
9.  What country would you most like to visit that you haven't?
I would love to visit Italy for all the yummy food.
10.  Other than Christmas, what is your favorite holiday?
I'd say it is a tie between Thanksgiving and Easter.  Both are very near and dear to my heart.  We have so much to be thankful for.  I love to be surrounded by family, friends and yummy foods during both of these holidays.  We should always be counting our blessings and everyday should be like Easter because Jesus is risen and lives forever in heaven and someday we can too!!
11.  What is your very favorite dessert?
I thought of two for you, chocolate cake with chocolate icing and I've always loved twist flavored soft serve ice cream with loads of rainbow sprinkles on a cake cone...yes I'm still a little girl at heart :)

Here is the fun part...I get to pick out 11 blogs that I want to give the Liebster too.  
Kelly @ Supper with Southern Living
Ashley @ This Southern Girls Heart 
Gianina @ Naps and Roadmaps
Merrie Beth @ The Wise Woman Builds
Vickie @ Ponder 365
April @ House by Hoff
Heather @ The Unsophisticated Kitchen 
Moni @ Zu Haus at Home
Christy @ Confessions of a Serial DIYer
Carissa @ Carissa Miss
Debbie @ One Little Project

Congratulations Ladies, here are your 11 questions to answer.  I hope you have as much fun as I did.
1.  If you had to eat the same menu everyday of your life, what would you choose for breakfast, lunch and dinner?
2.  If you could choose anywhere to live, where would it be?
3.  What's your favorite vacation spot?
4.  Best Pinterest Idea you've found so far?
5.  Favorite Place to shop?
6.  How did you meet your husband?
7.  Favorite TV show?
8.  What's your favorite hobby?
9.  Favorite dessert recipe?
10.  I wish I knew how to______?
11.  In five years I hope to be _____?

12 comments :

  1. Hi Lindsey, I had so much fun reading your answers and wow, are we kindred spirits in any ways! Your questions are great! Can't wait to visit your nominees and congratulations again! ~Cindy@littlemisscelebration.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for nominating me!!! Bless you, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for including me!!! Cute cute blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for including me, too! I'm getting ready to see how I can potty train my toddler in your side bar:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Hope potty training goes well. I'm looking for bloggers who want to share their potty training stories, tips and experiences so keep that in mind :)

      Delete
  5. I'm just going to say that I'm SO glad that you love where you are! I know that you were concerned about your move to Southern Florida. I think my heart smiled when I read how happy you are where you are. I know how happy you were in Florida and Texas, so to know that you like it better where you are makes me happy for you!!!!!!! I miss you and your girls (and your hubs too, I guess! ha ha)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Norton setup not active; How to setup Norton? Norton Setup gone Product Key; Norton Setup Install; Norton Setup Website; www.norton.com/setup Install norton.com/setup security.
    http://w-nortoncom.com/
    www.norton.com/setup
    norton.com/setup
    norton setup
    norton.com 2019
    norton com setup

    ReplyDelete
  7. www.OFFICE.COM/SETUP DOWNLOAD, INSTALLATION AND ACTIVATION FOR OFFICE SETUP. Microsoft Office suite contains reliably used ventures and organizations. The most used tasks of Microsoft Office are Word, a word taking care of program, Excel, a spreadsheet program, PowerPoint, a presentation maker, and Access, a database application
    http://wwwofficeoffice.com/setup

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me a comment that you visited our blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...