Monday, March 18, 2013

Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup

The other night I was making one of our family's favorite dinners, Comfy in the Kitchen's Crescent Chicken. when I realized I was out of the canned Cream of Chicken Soup that I normally keep stocked in my pantry.  I found a Pinch of Yum recipe for homemade Cream of Chicken Soup.  It looked surprisingly easy so I thought I would give it a try!

Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup
2.5 cups chicken broth
1.5 cups milk
3/4 cup flour
Seasoning Mix: 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of parsley.
In a saucepan pour the chicken broth and 1/2 cup of milk, bring it to a low boil.  In a seperate bowl combine the flour, seasoning mix and 1 cup milk until smooth.  Stir the flour mixture into the broth and milk over a low boil, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.  It will become thickened as you stir.

This recipe makes the equivalent of two cans of condensed Cream of Chicken Soup.  
I was very happy how the soup turned out and I especially like that it doesn't have any preservatives in it.  With that said, I'm not totally against the convenience of the canned soup.

 {Click here to see where I link up}
RibbonIconFacebook-3RibbonIconTwitter-2RibbonIconPinterestRibbonIconInstagramRibbonIconEmail

2 comments :

  1. Now this looks amazing! Yum!! Especially for cold days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindsey, this sounds delicious! I have nominated you for a Liebster Award! I really like your blog and congratulations! You can see all of the details at my page here http://www.littlemisscelebration.com/2013/03/21/nominated-for-an-award-really-the-liebster/ Have a fabulous day!
    ~Cindy@littlemisscelebration.com

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me a comment that you visited our blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...