Monday, March 11, 2013

Spring Chevron Wreath

This weekend I was able to get some Spring crafting started.  Spring is one of my absolute favorite times of the year.  Not only is it my birthday but I love all the fresh and fun colors!  I recently picked up a bunch of different colors of this great chevron fabric at Joanns.  
I cut the fabric into strips and started wrapping it around my wreath form.
Once I ran out, I cut another strip and placed it like I've shown you in the picture.  Fold over the unfinished edges and pin it on top of where we left off.  Once you continue to wrap you can later go back and remove the pin. 
This is what it looks like after removing the pin, it stays folded over in place all by itself.  
I found these adorable foam pompom's from Target's Easter section, for $3.50.  I used my husbands tin snips to trim the bottom off.  Trimming removed two of the leaves but I was able to hot glue them on top of the trimmed section to make it look great.  
 I'm loving how it turned out!  So fresh and fun for Spring!
I would love to see any of your Spring crafts, please leave me a comment with a link:)


(See where I link up and party here)
RibbonIconFacebook-3RibbonIconTwitter-2RibbonIconPinterestRibbonIconInstagramRibbonIconEmail

19 comments :

  1. Hi Lindsay, popping in from Project Inspire to say hello and that I love the beautiful colors of this wreath! It just says Spring! Thank you for sharing and have a great week! ~Cindy, littlemisscelebration.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy, so happy you stopped by :) Hope you have a great day!!

      Delete
  2. Very cute! I love the color combination you chose. And those little pompoms are adorable ... I have to check Target! Thanks so much for linking up at Project Inspire{d}!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love spring colors!! Target is one of my favorites to frequent!! :) Thanks Randi!!

      Delete
  3. It turned out really well! Looks absolutely adorable... I think I might try a fabric wreath like this next,I have only been making yarn ones lately. What type of wreath form did you use? I usually use a pool noodle, do you think that would work? Thanks so much for sharing this!
    Krista @thehappyhousie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried the pool noodle Krista, need to give it a try. I just use a wreath form from the craft store. I'm sure any would work great! Thanks for stopping in :)

      Delete
  4. So totally adorable. As I was scrolling down to get to the comment form, I noticed in your side bar the 3 day potty training. Ok, totally going there next. I have been struggling for weeks on end with this potty training thing and have tried so many methods. Sorry, totally unrelated to the wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Newest follower here! I found you through the blog hop, you have a wonderful blog! I hope you stop by and say hello, I'm having a giveaway right now!

    Look forward to reading more.
    -Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melanie! So glad you found me :) Happy to have you here!!

      Delete
  6. So pretty. You make it look so easy! I love how it looks hanging on the white door! Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute! thanks for sharing at mercy ink :)

    blessings,
    lauren

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so adorable!!! So happy to be featuring it tomorrow in my Friday Fav Features. Friendly tip? Set your pics to XL. Trust me on this ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shannon, thanks so much!! I've been wanting to make my pics bigger for some time. When I would try they would overlap my side bar info but I finally figured out how to adjust the width of the blog! So pics are now xl!!! Thanks for your friendly tip it gave me the push to try to fix it, sure glad I did!

      Delete
  10. This is such an adorable wreath! I just wanted to let you know that I'm one of the co-hosts from the Ginger Snap Craft Wow Me Wednesday party and that I'm featuring your wreath on my blog!

    Missy Inspired
    http://missyinspired.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, thanks for sharing my wreath Missy!! :)

      Delete
  11. Love the fun print! Your wreath is perfect for spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Fonda, you've got a cute blog full of fun crafts and DIY's :)

      Delete
  12. So cute!! Love the chevron! And those pom pom flowers from Target are such a good find! They look like little dandelions! Pinning! Stopping by from Create & Inspire party!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me a comment that you visited our blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...