Tuesday, October 2, 2012

DIY Fall Banner


This weekend I got my craft on and made this easy fall banner.
The best part about this craft was that everything I used, I already had on hand!  The Hubs loves that frugal side of me...lol!

You'll Need:
burlap, bunting pattern found below,
rotary cutter, stencil brush, white paint,
jute string and your glue gun

Free fabric bunting pattern from Chickabug
{Click here for a great free printable bunting pattern}

I used my rotary cutter to cut out the bunting.

Ok, I have a confession to make...I own a Cricut machine and have had it for at least 4 or 5 years.  I can count the number of times I've used it probably using less than two hands.  I could have pulled it out of my closet to cut out some letter stencils but I didn't feel like it LOL. 

I traced letters off of the computer and cut them out with my hubbies exact-o-knife. 
Don't ask why, I just felt like it :)

I bought these Martha Stewart stencil brushes about a month ago when I tried to stencil the step stool we have in our bathroom, it didn't turn out so great so I spray painted over the whole thing. 

So stencil your letters onto the burlap

and try not to get the paint all over your phone meanwhile ;)


After it dried I hot glued some "Jute" string
 onto the back to hold it all together


Here it is all finished on my mini mantle by our
 front door that I try to decorate with each season or holiday.

Love the printable I found:

"We are like pumpkins.
God picks you from the patch,
brings you in and washes all the dirt off.

Then he cuts off the top
and scoops out all the yucky stuff.

He removes the seeds of doubt, hate, greed, etc
and then he carves you a new smiling face
and puts his light inside of you
to shine for all the world to see-Unknown


Here are a few of my other favorite printables
Pinned Image



Pinned Image
{oh wow...I think I have a thing for chevron!}
 
Tomorrow I'll show you the rest of our
Fall/Halloween decor :)

1 comment :

  1. Thank you for the cute Fall craft idea! I also love to make things from material and paint I have laying around.
    You have a beautiful blog!
    Found you via WLW.

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me a comment that you visited our blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...