Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hurricane Sandy and the Boat Show

Last week ended with a little rain and some wind thanks to Hurricane Sandy.
We were very lucky to have it stay out to sea and only get a little of the outerbands.  I count my blessings because my husband had flight duty Friday night and if he had to be launched on a flight in worse weather, I would have been really nervous. 
I lift him up in prayer every day, so thankful for a God who hears my prayers!
The wind and rain was gone by Saturday morning, leaving us a very nice weekend! 
There was a big boat show locally and my husband LOVES boats.  He grew up working on and spending his weekends on speed boats with his family.  I often am told the story of how the weekend after he was born, was spent on the boat.  I guess it's just part of who he is! 
He would LOVE to own a boat someday.  This day was totally a "Daddy day" but the girls and I love doing things that make him happy so off we went to check some boats out. 
 {BAJA} 
 {FORMULA}
 
 Some CRAZY things we saw...dingy's stored inside the yacht, lots of wake boards, an inflatable water slide (SO COOL!!!) and even a HELICOPTER on top of a yacht! 
 Needless to say we felt a little out of our element around all the fancy and expensive boats.
There were a handful of sailboats
The girls relaxing in some of the displays
 
 It was a fun day in the beautiful weather. 
The temperature is starting to drop and we are so enjoying being outside without sweating to death.
 
My thoughts and prayers are with the rest of the East Coast that are now dealing with Hurricane Sandy. 
 
 

1 comment :

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me a comment that you visited our blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...