Friday, October 26, 2012

Easy Appliqued Pumpkin Shirt

Today I'm sharing my first ever appliqued shirt. 
My friend Whitney over at Diary of a Preppy Mom, our hubbies were in flight school together, recently shared a tutorial and free pattern for this cute pumpkin shirt so I gave it a try and I think it turned out pretty cute for my first try. 
 
I recently bought a white t-shirt off the clearance rack at Target for $1.50.
It had a heart pocket on the front but I used my seem ripper to remove it. 
I had some "Wonder Under" on hand.  You simply iron the bumpy side of the wonder under  onto the back side of your fabric.  Trace your pattern onto the paper side and cut it out. 
My pumpkin and stem using Whitney's pattern
After you cut out your pieces, you carefully remove the backing of the Wonder Under and then your ready to iron it onto the fabric.
All ironed on and sewn around the pattern. 
I've never done the zig zag stitch, I'm a little intimidated by it.
I need to just go for it and try it on a scrap of fabric but for now I'm happy with how the straight stitch looks. 
 Our church has a small pumpkin patch so we took a few pics that past Sunday.  Daddy was on duty so he missed out on being in the pics, will hopefully try again when he can come with us.  Such is the military life :-)
My Girls and I at the pumpkin patch

 
 Little Sis had fun checking out the big pumpkins there.
 

They even had some photo props set up for us.
I couldn't resist, I thought it was a precious background for the fall.
Check out my friends great blog over at:
Preppy Mom

See where I link up here.
 

4 comments :

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me a comment that you visited our blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...