Monday, October 22, 2012

Women's Retreat


This past weekend I was able to attend my first Women's Church Retreat.
As soon as they announced it I asked my husband to please try to take some time off from work so I could attend. The topic of the weekend was on the following verses from the book of Psalm.

Psalm 1:1-3
Blessed is the man
Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
 Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor who sits in the seat of the scornful;
But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
He shall be like a tree
Planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper.


I wanted to share a few pictures with you from my weekend retreat. 
It was a wonderfully relaxing weekend.  My first time ever leaving all three girls overnight for a couple of nights.  Daddy and his girls had some quality time before some family from out of state drove to visit us for the week. 
{More pics from the family visit soon}
 
The retreat was at a lake in Florida where several of the church member's own homes and so graciously opened them up for us to stay in.  When I got to my room I found this purse waiting for me with my paperwork for the weekend, a nice long sleeve t-shirt, and a couple of snacks.
 
Here are a few pictures of the beautiful lake that we stayed at. 
I just loved it there and want to take my family back for some time away!

Good morning from the lake






Saturday morning we spent some time
on the deck before heading down to breakfast. 
The Lake was so calm and peaceful.
 
The food was delcious the whole weekend! The women who spoke were awesome and really spoke from the heart.  To hear these and several other women's testimony's were just heartbreaking and inspiring at the same time.  We had fun, shed tears and bonded closer together.  I'm so happy I got to spend time getting to know many of the women there and look forward to our friendships growing.
 
I just want to share a couple of things I loved from the speakers:
"Biblical Womanhood is not a job for sissies!"
and
"My family needs to see me seeking to follow
Gods law, they don't need to see me trying to be the perfect woman!"
 
I link up here:
Monday's: A Better Mom
Thursday's Delightful Order

6 comments :

  1. Lindsey Jean -- I am SO GLAD you got to go to this retreat! You deserved it, and hope you came away with alot of life's questions and answers. I wish I could have done something like this when I was your age... I am proud of the Mother you have become :) Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so amazing! I am so glad you got to go! :) Blessings to you today friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take away messages - love this. What a blessing to have the chance to sit and soak in His word.

    Marissa
    http://forfunreadinglist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This retreat looks beautiful. Hi! I am your neighbor this week at Good Morning Girls. I will miss my own church's ladies retreat this year due to expenses and a very wiggly nursing nearly 11 month old baby. Your family looks so cute and beautiful. I have 3 girls, too. Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me a comment that you visited our blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...