Thursday, October 11, 2012

Walk for Life

Saturday, October 20th, 2012 at 5:30 PM. Click here to find out how you can get involved!
 Go and walk through the land in every direction for I am giving it to you. Genesis 13:17
 

God is definitely speaking to me, it's amazing how you can really hear his voice when you take the time to develop a relationship with him.  Last week I shared a bit of My Story with you.  It was a big step for me to publicly talk about how I became a Mother at the young age of 19 and was not married at the time.  I was hesitant at first but really felt called to share my story so that others may be blessed by it and come to know God's forgiveness.
 
This past weekend my Pastor bravely spoke about the topic of unplanned pregnancy and choosing life over abortion.  My goodness, as if I hadn't already had enough of a light bulb moment listening to the story of Peter
 
I remember visiting a center for women that offered a free pregnancy test and counseling when I had just found out that I was pregnant.  They were there for me when I was going through an uncertain and scary time.  Abortion had never been an option for me, I was blessed to have a supportive and loving family.  My parents even took my baby and I into their home to live until I was able to work to support myself and my brand new baby girl. 
 
{I may not say it everyday, but THANK YOU to all of my family and friends who supported me when I needed it the most!}
 
Hope Women's Centers exist to encourage and equip women to make informed choices regarding unplanned pregnancies.
 
This center is just like the one I visited.  They offer free pregnancy tests, ultrasounds and other information and support for women facing an unplanned pregnancy.  They are having a local event called "Walk for Life" in a couple of weekends.  I am planning on walking with my church.   If you feel led to support this cause, I would love for you to sponsor my walk.  Here is a link to make a pledge:
 
Psalm 139:13-16 
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
 
 
I link up here:
Monday's: A Better Mom
Thursday's Delightful Order

1 comment :

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me a comment that you visited our blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...