Friday, February 1, 2013

Cake Pop Tips

Middle Sis recieved a BabyCakes cake pop maker for a Christmas gift.  She loves making goodies in her easy bake oven but let's be honest, that food is just not so yummy.  I thought this would be a great step up so she could make some fun cake pops. 
Product Image
You can buy the box of mix for cake pops or it comes with recipes to make your own homemade mix.   I did some research online and found that using a regular box of cake mix wouldn't work as well as their suggested recipe.  Baking them are very easy but I wanted to show you how I dipped and decorated the pops.
To keep the stick in place while you are dipping, you need to dip the stick into the melted candy melts and then stick it into the pop.  After getting all of your pops on a stick, place them into a gallon size ziploc and freeze until ready to be dipped and enjoyed or at least for 20-30 minutes if you need them sooner. 
Freezing them will help keep the stick in place and keep them from breaking open while you are dipping them.  Immediately after dipping it into the candy melt color of your choice sprinkle with whatever topping you would like.  {I was making these for a church event themed around Valentines}
*Dipping tip: I found the candy melts to be a little too thick to stick smoothly so I added a few drops of Vegetable oil and stirred it really well.  It coated much nicer and gives a little shine to the coating.  Or you can use chocolate chips to dip them in, which I personally prefer.  Melt 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 tbsp vegetable shortening.  
To keep them from flattening or touching each other I laid down a piece of wax paper underneath my baking cooling rack.  They sit well into the holes while they harden.  You can freeze them until you need them or stick them into a wrapped styrofoam square. 
These make an adorable Valentines treat for your kiddos and hubbie.  Have fun making some yummy cake pops for your family and friends!
{See where I link up and party here}
RibbonIconFacebook-3RibbonIconTwitter-2RibbonIconPinterestRibbonIconInstagramRibbonIconEmail

10 comments :

  1. I always try vegetable shortening and it never works right for me ... so today I'm going to try the vegetable oil! THANKS! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute idea! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your comment - http://www.simpleispretty.com/2012/10/diy-refill-for-lysol-no-touch-hand-soap.html

    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so fun to make! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome tips. The last time I tried them they were tragic! Might give it another shot :) Thanks! (Found you through Your Homebased Mom linkie :)

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me a comment that you visited our blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...