Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Sweet 13:Mary Kay Party

This weekend we celebrated Big Sisters Sweet 13.  I am beyond disbelief that I am now a Mom to a TEENAGER!!  13 years have gone by like a blink of an eye.  I can still picture her running around the same size as Little Sister.  We had a FUN weekend, my Mom flew in from out of town and we had a house full of girls to celebrate the special day. 
On her birthday morning she opened her presents and lots of cards from family.  Photo albums, infinity scarf, make-up, Growing-Up Girl figurine were just a few of her gifts.
I've been wanting to buy her charm bracelet for several years but I wanted to wait for this special birthday!  We bought her a James Avery charm bracelet, I had one when I was a teenager too.  It's so fun to build your bracelet with special memories.   
 Big Sis picked out the colors and I made all the decorations and treats for the party. 
I had originally planned to purchase a party set off Etsy but decided to try to  make my own.  {I'll be sharing a tutorial on how to make your own custom printables soon} 
I love the Mason Jar drinks all over so I bought some and made my own of those as well.  I cut circles out of card stock out and used some cute bakers twine I found at Michaels.  That's also where I found the matching straws.   Pink Lemonade in these were super cute and fun drinks for the girls!
 I made a bunch of tissue paper pom pom's and this birthday banner. 
We had family pictures in these black frames in the dining room, but for the party I switched them out with ones of Big Sis as she has grown.  Going through all her pictures was such a bittersweet trip down memory lane for me. 
 The girls loved the cake pops and cupcakes. 
{My Mom and I at the party}
The party was all about MAKE-UP!  The past couple of months Big Sis has become more and more interested in make-up.  I wanted her to learn all about skin care and proper make-up application so we had a Mary Kay Consultant come over and teach the girls.  They had so much fun learning and playing with the make-up.  They all looked beautiful, both with and without the make-up. 
  The Party favors were these adorable terry cloth make-up bags that I found at Target on clearance! Normally $13.99 a bag, but I got them for $3.99....SCORE!
I also embroidered wash cloths for the girls. 
Here is Big Sis before and after the party, such a beautiful girl both inside and out.
Happy Birthday to our Beautiful Baby Girl...I mean Teenager!! 
We had a fun day celebrating YOU :)
{See where I party and link up here} 
RibbonIconFacebook-3RibbonIconTwitter-2RibbonIconPinterestRibbonIconInstagramRibbonIconEmail

7 comments :

  1. Oh this party was SO perfect ... you did such a great job! BUT ... how on earth is sweet Sam 13? Seriously? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish we could have been there to celebrate with her! I can't believe she is 13! Love and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a fun birthday! Happy Birthday to her!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun! Ahhh, to be thirteen, again! ;) And, by the way... not trying to suck up or anything... but you totally don't look old enough to have a thirteen year old daughter. Good genes {I can tell because you're mom's beautiful, too}.

    Thanks for linking up with The Bliss Project. This is a great reminder to just be intentional about celebrating our kids. Because, before I know it, my four-year-old Little Man will be celebrating his thirteenth b-day...

    http://www.domesticblissdiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, that looks like a GREAT 13th Birthday! My niece just turned 13 this week, the time goes so quick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Way to go with celebrating the 13th bday :) Too fun and cute.

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me a comment that you visited our blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...