Monday, September 10, 2012

Pumpkin Bar Recipe



Fall here in South Florida isn't the same as where I was born and raised, up until my high school years, upstate New York.  I miss the leaves turning to beautiful fall colors on the hills and a crispness to the air.  Living in Texas and Florida for the past four years I have had to pretend to have a change of season. 

This is a recipe for Pumpkin Bars that our Happy House enjoys, we hope your House does too. 

Start by beating the eggs, sugar, vegetable oil and canned pumpkin until fluffy.


Then add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.




 Spread in an ungreased 15x10x1 pan, I LOVE my Pampered Chef stone.   

Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.


Allow it to cool completely before spreading Cream Cheese frosting.
You can buy a can of premade frosting at the store or make your own.


This make a lot of bars so it's great to take it to a church potluck, like we did this weekend. 
I cut them into small bars and it made 40.   

Pumpkin Bar Recipe
4 eggs
1 2/3 cup sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 15 oz can on pumpkin
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda

Beat eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until fluffy.  Stir in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.  Spread in ungreased 15x10x1 pan.  Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. 

Cream Cheese Frosting
1 3oz package of Cream Cheese
1/2 cup softened butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
Enjoy this yummy fall recipe!

2 comments :

  1. This sounds great!! My 11-yr old daughter will love making these! Thanks for sharing. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!!! Hope she has fun and loves them :)

      Delete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me a comment that you visited our blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...