Monday, September 24, 2012

BSF {Bible Study Fellowship}

While we were in flight school a friend told me about a great bible study available in the area.  I took Little Sis with me to the information meeting, who was still an infant at the time, and found out that they didn't have room for her in their program.  It sounded like a great study but it just wasn't going to work out at the time. 
 
The program was BSF {Bible Study Fellowship}
BSF is an international bible study that is located in 38 different nations and has over 200,000 class members.  There are over 800 classes in the United States so there may be one wherever we move to next! They all study the same book or section in the bible at the same time, so if we move during the year I can probably pick right up where I left off.  
{That is definitely a great thing for us moving military families!}
 
This year is the study on the book of Genesis.  How appropriate is it that I'm starting my first ever in-depth bible study on the "beginning" of it all?! 
 
They offer classes during the day and evenings.  Little Sis and I are going to the day classes where they offer a preschool program for infants up to age six.  They will be learning Bible truths through Bible stories, verses and hymns: play time, snack time, quiet time and activities to go along with each lesson. 
 
I am so excited that Little Sis is going to be learning all these things at a young age, she is at a very impressionable age to teach her all about Jesus and how he loves her!  Speaking of which, I have to tell you that when we left BSF the other day she was sitting in her carseat and started to sing "Yes Jesus loves ME!" and then she said "Mommy, Jesus loves you too!".  That had to be one of the sweetest things ever!!
She sang herself to sleep yesterday at nap time with her new "bible" song, as she calls it :)
 
 
Here are a few pictures from our first BSF class
{all ready to go!  carrying Mommy's bible}

{We start out in the sanctuary where we sing a couple of hymns and have announcements.  Then we move into our small group to discuss last weeks notes from our study time at home and some fellowship.  That is followed by a message about next weeks study.}

{We decided to hit up one of our favorites for lunch}

A special thank you to my new sweet friend from church for inviting me to BSF.  I had completely forgotten about it since the first time I had been introduced to it!  I'm so excited to learn more and have a closer relationship with my Lord!

7 comments :

  1. Sounds like a great group! Wish we had one in my home town.
    Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by "V", I'll be checking out your blog today :)

      Delete
  2. so great. i think accountability and walking through stuff with others is huge! proud of you. and she is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is wonderful! i'm a part of CBS (community Bible study), which I've heard is similar to BSF. the fellowship and accountability is so wonderful for us and for our kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great, I am praying for a community like this, with fellowship and accountability!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love BSF. I did it back when I was single and I plan to do it again in a few years. (I'm active in a different study at my church right now). BSF has great programs for kids!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me a comment that you visited our blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...