Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Make time to date!

My husband and I have been married for nine years but have known each other since we were fifteen!  We've known each other for more than half of our lives.  We had a lot of fun dating in high school, we loved doing anything as long as we were together.  Isn't that how young love goes?


We were so in love, we even had
pictures made together in high school.
Junior Prom




Fast Forward to 2012, we are more than double the age we were in the previous pictures, have three daughters, made a major career change and moved five times in the past four years!  We've been through a lot of ups, downs and trials but God has brought us through each and every one of them and continues to bless our family. 

{celebrating our ninth anniversary}
 


We went on our first family vacation this summer since going through flight school for the past two years.  We were staying with family so thankfully we were able to enjoy a couple of dates while we were there!  Here we are taking a walk on the beach that we would four wheel drive on during our high school years. 

We enjoyed an afternoon taking a horse carriage tour and snacking on some yumminess from a local cupcake store!



With my husbands work schedule being pretty demanding in this season of life we haven't gone on many dates lately.  This is something that we really need to make room for in our busy lives.  We don't have any family nearby, so we don't have the luxury of having built in babysitters, but we have found a babysitter from our church.   We get his work schedule usually a month in advance so I'm going to make it a priority to look at the calendar and get more dates scheduled! 

Our last date I kept our restaurant a surprise, I picked out a local buffalo wing restaurant, because we both love wings.  Early in the week I texted him a choice of activites we could go do after dinner. {Movie, bowling or ice skating}  We both grew up ice skating so he chose that and we had so much fun.  We were definitely one of the youngest couples in there but it was so fun to skate around holding my loves hand to keep me warm.  I am not kidding when I say that I felt 15 all over again! 

We all need to go out and do things that we use to enjoy during our dating years, sure its fun to go to a nice restaurant with a great view but I will take a fun date over that anytime! Who says you even have to leave the house to have a date night! 





We get busy with our family and work and forget to make our marriage a priority. I would love to plan for a date night for each month and look forward to having some more fun times to share with my husband.
If you need some help coming up with some fun dates, I've found some really great date ideas on pinterest.
Check out my pinterest board
titled "For my Love", by clicking on my button below.



Check out one of my favorite
blogs here for some fun date ideas!
Happy Home Fairy!

I also have found some
really creative date night ideas here:


I'm linking up today here:






















2 comments :

  1. What fun! I absolutely loooove the pic from when you were 15!!! That is AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I LOVE the pictures too, what a beautiful couple!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me a comment that you visited our blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...