Monday, May 13, 2013

DIY: Personalized Kitchen Towel Tutorial

Today I'm sharing a quick and easy sewing tutorial for personalized kitchen towels.  I made these last week as Mother's Day presents but couldn't tell you, otherwise I would have ruined the surprise for the special Mom's in my life.  I was really happy with how they turned out, so here is the tutorial.
  I bought these kitchen hand towels from Target.   I cut a cereal box apart to make a template for adding the fabric to the towel.  My towel was 3.5 inches wide by 16 inches long.  
Lay your template on top of the coordinating fabric and cut it so that you have about a half an inch difference on each side.  
Press your fabric up and around the template to make a nice square to be able to pin neatly to your towel.  
Pin onto your towel and you're ready to sew.
Make sure to stay close to the edges so that you catch the folded fabric underneath. 
It's as easy as that.  If you have an embroidery machine you can make them even more special by adding an initial.  They will make a great gift both with or without the added initial.  My Mom's loved them and I'm glad that they will think of me when they see them hanging in their kitchens.  
These towels would be a great gift for any occasion!  I also would love to add some color to my kitchen, so I think I'll go make a couple more for me.

Who could you make a set for?

4 comments :

  1. I love these!! Love the fabric you chose to sew on the ends. No embroidery machine here....but I might be able to figure something out. :)
    Our Simply Create Link party is going on right now. I would love to have you link up, as I'm sure my followers would like to see what you created too. Hope to see you soon!

    Melissa
    redflycreations.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Melissa! I'll check it out :)

      Delete
  2. I love how easy these are and how they would make a great gift! I've pinned them to my big group Pinterest board - hoping it will bring you some traffic! Thank you for linking up at The Weekly Creative!

    Smiles,
    Melanie {reasons to skip the housework}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much Melanie! I love any reason to skip the housework....lol :)

      Delete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Leave me a comment that you visited our blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...